Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jane On Writers

Dear Group: All the best writers are dead or very close to it. These sensitive writers who can capture essential writing elements are able to not only describe but recreate a believable written reality. Those who qualify for such excellence in writing, in opinion, are very rare. They lived in a time when romance and language actually meant something. Today, the writers that are good are nearly dead or dead. If I could write like some of my writing mentors I would not have to worry about my age or my income. Namely, JD Salinger, Hemmingway, John Donne, Leonard Cohen, Agatha Christie, Ray Bradbury,Maya Angelou, and that Gonzo Journalist guy, Mike Geffner. Of course there are many others, maybe even you! Prove me wrong!(well incorrect, anyway!)Jane Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment