Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Gone With The Wind

I never understood Scarlet's obsessive attachment to Ashley. Melanie is Scarlet's cousin and marries Ashley her first cousin...which is plain wrong; Fiddle-De-De! Scarlet was a study in contradictions. Scarlet displays much weak knee qualities in her emotionally disturbed relationship with Ashley, yet she shows great strength of character when she is forced to run Tara. Must be her schzi personality comes from "marrying too many cousins" in this bad Irish habit! (I can say this as I have Irish heritage and it is all just tongue in cheek)...Isn't Clark Gable dreamy! Melanie can have Ashley; I'd go for Clark Gable ANY day!(or night!)

Tue Mar 03, 09:24:00 AM

1 comment:

  1. I think it was all in the fact that she couldn't have him. And besides, Ashley was far too gentle for her. She needed someone she couldn't chew up and spit out, like Rhett.

    ReplyDelete