Saturday, March 7, 2009

Foiled again...ut not for long...Love Lasts Like Tupperware

Dear BH: (please excuse my need to have a powerful conversation with you - Everyman who ever jilted me...you're good foil, Bruce!wink wink)

If only you new the truth
my love went south
American WoMAN
get away
Pain brings gain
the skin cannot touch
the night of a thousand clowns
so lightly teched

you were mine
once
upon a time
a fairy tale
for me
at least

never knot
no you were not
mine
no
no one could own you
free like the bird
the mighty St Ignace wind
blew you away
from me
American cousin

when i set you free
you never returned
my calls
or
turtle screams
nothing to reclaim
damn fate
to face
that night

you're right
as rainmaker
my mini man diety
yet
your will
was not set
in my pilaster soul

no one has to question
or separate
this age of senile sensibilities
and old friend's question
did those
sensen fruitellas and time
those cerebral imprints
mind
over matter
sinking in the stinking sand
flowed through fingers
daisies tear
a blow to my subtle
nonexistent
ego

dust in the wind
parsley sage rosemary
and what?
my eyes tear up
now now
i didnt want to
walk away
in this way, you know
i have not
yet
you are one
to question me
and my ordinance
money well spent

you are pedestalled
i am peripheralized
forever
microcosmed
and were it not for
and that damn 20 you throw
my way
forget it
shove it
yankee dollar
worth shit now
monopolizers
burn my tail feathers
i want you
you idiot

i take leave
of my divine senses
in disguist
scrooge was nicer to belle
if you ever read
or saw
Dickens...Charles?
you little dickens
what d'ya expect?
i had great expectations
for you and me
never to be
ok

you made me
all too much
like a mini you
so overwhelming
to live up to
that pal of mine
now you know
though
dont you?
how loved
you are
and me like a beached
and bleached pig
whale
you breached my
divinity seek
let me know
your true feelings
were not ours
missing peace

you had other plans
from the beginning
didn't you?
why didnt you tell me
into the 2nd year of 5 known
of our go around
carousel
then?

i melted away pounds
personality dwindled
pig feeder trough
pig can fly
i couldnt fly
in the face
of the ancient matter
i had to deal
with
cards
held by
old hands
holders
no regrets
right?

you did it
I'm so glad
really!
you made
yourself
something
and
got the prize
please
dont rub it in my face
unless
you mean it

hope you are happy
really i do
you never wanted me
so
I let you go
i'll get over it
in maybe 30 years or so


waiting upon the shelf
waiting and waiting
listless, lustless
lifeless
wonderlust got
the better of me
i escaped north
of 60
almost that now

i must ask
why did i have
such a short
shelflife
expired 1979 or so?


what was it really
that wasnt
good for you?
you missed me
me you never knew

to the dry bones
nothing to drink
parched throat
deserted
call the marines
to
tattoo you
i wanted the
i dos
i didnt get

you had other plans
i knew nothing about
so you led me
to where i could
go bye bye baby
good trick

and you went on and on
i was never in the big pic
your world
had been planned
i was a diversion
a 5 year plan?
starbaby
no more
wayward waiting
seaside
sailor's bait

my wish
if you could wash up
upon my shore
i would take you in
to be mine
once more

hah!
you never had
me in mind
did you?

which probably
scares
the
shit out of you
me too
doubling back
is
double trouble
I cannot take you back

but odd things happen
i keep an open mind
that sometime
all that i wanted
was more than needing
you
i had to mend you

but i know
this will never be
because what i want
never happens

and i did want you

not a major player
minor role
looking at you
the star
now
baby

committed now
and happily so
no need to fuel
your wrath
i respect
your feelings
i didnt want to hear
or bear
bad news
i wanted for you
to be happy

i just cant get around my head

you found me a joke
always
or just a throw away
gf
something can be said
for understanding
you
i never did
why not?

i just want you to know
love doesnt die
even though i did
divinity rejected
you
know
naive and stupid
me to you
the future
would be told
foretold
i wish!
I could never
conceive
of a world
without you
back then

like that dead fish
washed up
upon the shore
remembrance
past

did you hate me so
did i deserve
this fate
this pain
this unhigh stone
round my pearlized
neck
sorry
weighed down
by ruby's gloom
and money and fame
didnt hurt either
did it?

jajo 7 mar 09

--- In mikeswritingworkshop@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hamilton" wrote:
>
> YOUR CHANGE
> Your change you neglected to take,
> yet now for propriety's sake
> I hand you this twenty
> while hoping that plenty
> of memory rules how you quake.
>
> Senility forever lingers. -- bh
>

2 comments:

  1. Edited For Your Entertainment Pleasure


    If only you new the truth
    my love went south
    American Woe-my-MAN
    got away
    with way too much
    without priori knowledge
    of such

    Pain brought gain
    from me to you
    your gift
    your freedom
    when
    i thought all you needed
    was me
    that was rough
    for me
    not for you

    your delicate pink skin cannot touch
    the night of a thousand clowns
    so lightly etched
    In Forever Memories Book
    of games played
    gone bye-bye
    we arent children
    anymore
    playing tag
    with sun shadowed
    but would you please
    give me
    the time of day?

    you were mine
    or so I thought
    once
    upon a long time ago
    a fairy tale rhyme
    for me
    at least
    and for you?
    did you have to hide
    feelings
    or dashery
    you still have it all
    i was but nothing
    why would I believe more
    the writing was on the wall
    why did I have to have dyslexia?

    recalled
    way past midnights
    sacred places all
    crystal ballgowns
    falling down
    tomorrow's
    shiny new shoes
    always young
    as 22
    no not my shoe size
    ok i'm not cinderella
    did I have to burn
    like Mrs Haversham's cinders?

    never knot
    no you were not
    mine
    no
    no one could own you
    free like the windbird
    the mighty St Ignace windbird
    Raven Large
    Meet Eagle Mighty Blue
    Who the hell;s that
    and who the hell
    blew you away
    so far
    from me


    to my coquettish
    American cousin
    Vinny
    OK
    to make hay
    last

    in haste
    and you talk about
    me awash
    shame for love
    that's not fair trade!

    when i set you free
    or was it the other
    way around
    it was not my design
    but yours, ya see?
    you set me up
    i did not see
    that one coming
    from out of the blue
    and she like me
    waiting in the wings

    you never returned
    my desperado calls
    the big chill set in
    silent turtle screams
    in the swampy mired
    long forgot places
    flatlands
    tornado alley

    I pleaded
    come on baby home baby
    re light my home fire
    if you dont
    Jim will or Bob or Harry or Sue

    yet there's
    nothing to reclaim
    the old homestead's dead
    nothing to claim
    accept this miner's heart
    of gold and
    mystic experience

    all is lost
    not found
    today
    lonely
    ever sad and lonely hearted band
    waiting in the sand
    where hermit crabs
    abound

    lets face facts
    Jack
    damn bare-faced faded and fated
    FACTS
    reality
    hit me
    so
    powerfully
    so
    in the damn face
    it burned
    hot iron
    flames
    spewing
    spit
    fire
    globs
    that unholy night
    of the midnight hour
    in
    Hades liar

    undone by done
    done did so
    on the beaches
    by the Lake
    the Lady
    Onion Eater
    consumed
    those
    nighttime fires

    fires like notes
    upon the sand
    distant past
    echoes
    i can hear still
    nessy
    snap crackle pop
    Pink Floyd's floyd
    and Glowing in the Wind
    Sung to the wind
    Strapping on Guitars all around
    Highland games
    you did partake
    you gaming fool
    first love
    this we
    knew
    where were you now
    wish you were here


    bonfire ablaze
    passions afire
    barnyard animals
    all
    another story

    you
    nearly raised the dead
    and lifted the doom
    dropped dead now
    i smell chicken
    you cried foul
    somewhere in time
    superman
    saved me
    like I saved you
    from Juliettes's balcony
    Romeo was bound
    to accidentally
    go over the edge
    you dont remember that
    I do

    to be continued but the old man's cranking...

    ReplyDelete