Wednesday, March 24, 2010

BLAH BLAH Method of Writing Poetry

Blah Blahblah

Blah blahblah blahblah blahblah (AAA)
Blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah (AA)
Blah blah blahblah blah (BB)
Blah blah blah blahblah (BBB)
Blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah (AAA)

NOt sure if any "others" out there in Bloggyland have had any fear of writing poetry or not. I am talking poetry here not prose. Above is my attempt to find the cadence in the Limerick (I believe it is the Limerick, I may be wrong, please comment and correct me if you'd like, I'd really appreciate that (NOT!). ps I think I will try this method or a method like this for writing music, and colour coded. I find it difficult to see notes on a music sheet. Colour would be a lot easier to see for me, I think?

Here is something I am working on; the music of spring birds outside my slightly opened window (it is still a bit chilly yet).

First I hear the sounds of the Curl-lews (that's what I call them, not sure if that is what they are) They arrive right in the early a.m. right at dawn around 6:30 am.

Hummmmm-hummmm (the first Hum is higher in pitch) So one note above the second hum). In my musical notation it would look like this;

@@@@@@@@@@@@@
______________ NOTE; THE MAJOR SOUND IS A SOLID LINE 2 SPACES
APART.


Next: the second hum would look like this

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ NOTE; THE SECONDARY SOUND OF THE CURL-LEW
--------------- IS A DOTTED LINE WHICH IS CLOSER TO THE "@"
SOUND-NOTE. PS I WAS GOING TO USE PARENTHESIES, HOWEVER, WAS NOT CONGUENT WITH BLOGSPOT LANGUAGE?

Please note; the dotted line in the second stanza relates to note pitch or different note, not in the quality of the sound. It is the same sound just a different note. Does this make sense? Trying to make a recording of this; maybe try to make a Youtube video of this. Maybe. Dream on.

Next we hear the chickadees. They make warbly sounds. This may be more difficult to illustrate. I will try!

chirchirchirchirchirchir
the "chi" sound is consistent as there are not variations in the pitch or notes up or down.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++stop

the "rch" sound goes up slightly

******************************

so the chicadees sound would look like this:

@@@@^^^^@@@@^^^^@@@@^^^^^@@@@^^^^ etc.,stop

Next the ravens appear and they make a loud sound monosyllable:

KawKaw##########pause#########kawkaw###############pause####Kawkaw

the crow or ravens kaws are easily written down but not the curl-lews odd sound which have no direct translation in English vocabulary.

The curl-lews sound I had a difficult time imitating. When the three birds arrived the first was the curl lews. I remember these birds sounds from up north but I do not know what these birds look like. It reminds me of the whipporwills that I loved listening to at the cottage in Georgian Bay. They were a comforting, yet haunting sound. Whippoorwills have a very camoflage look to them so I have never viewed one in nature. It must be the same thing with the curl lews. I will try to get a pic of them and try to post (I am having difficulty with this on blogspot why I am not sure; think my C++ visual memory (RAM) is running out?).
The orchestration of the curl-lews and the chiccadees in the morning is quite beautiful. Especially with the subtle pauses between the sounds. I often felt the birds are greeting their Creator by singing the song of the Creator. They are honoring the snrise and sunset in this way. The birds are not as loud during the day. Why?
My hub says cause they are sleeping. He is bored! NO I think that they are not sleeping so much. They are more or less singing to the sun. Yes, that's what I want to believe! Ok that's my truth! Anyway, I like the comfort of bird songs in spring in the early am. Check it out. And go into the bathroom pour a warm bath and listen to the birds. It is so comforting and relaxing and MIRACULOUS. These simple miracles are the best! 24 03 10

No comments:

Post a Comment