Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Daisy's Tears

Once spindly
> licorice legs
> hob knob fair girl
>
> Middleclass Miss
> Waiting for the bus
> Life Has Not Yet
> Begun For Me
> As I look back
> Regretful of Roads Not Taken
> Yet
>
> Where is tomorrow?
> I ask today
> Where is my touchstone"
> That led the way
> Where is he?
> That dark haired Ken doll
> That imagined man of my
> too good for my dreams
>
> My wispy white bedroom walls
> Wishes it were not so
> Back when Innocence Lost
> Was Paradise Gained by you
>
> Tomorrow I will remember your name
> tonight you are my pleasured game
> Love Me Once, Love Me Twice
> Love Me til the World Stands still
> Love You Forever
> You Know I Will
>
> Can I glean anything
> From this love machine
> beneath those polished surfaces
> Faces play another game
> You have shone
> on my life
> through the years
> Where were you to hold back
> My endless tears
>
> Through the regret of broken dreams
> Endless years
> Endless streams
> struggle Unending Utopia to find
> Sympathy besides the trouble waters' tide
> Leave behind out mispent youth
> Water Under the Bridge
> Is best left there
> To Find the truth
>
> You remember this woman child
> You made a bride
> Then left behind
> Like yesterday's Times
>
> Where are you
> During this need, this feed, this seed, this greed
> During times past present and future
> Where were you
> You tore my gown
> "the blue green icing melting down"
> and blew me away
> out of your life like a yellow leaf into the sear
> Did you have enough of my strife?
> or did you have to take my life
> and leave in your wake you left
> A daisy's tear
>
> All of life's misgivings
> Clowns...
> Alls for not
> Yet all is well now
> As it should be
> But do not you ever forget
> Yesterdays with
> poor old pathetic me
>
> Jane Jones June 25, 2008
>

No comments:

Post a Comment