1. Make all space items with modular units that can be wholly replaced or repaired like snapon tools on the earth. By modularizing them you can ditch them or bring them back. The repair time and astronaut time in space is not always successful when space items rust or jam. Much easier to do repairs in modular snapon way.
2. If items MUST be repaired in space they could be repaired by robots rather than astronauts. Even though astronauts like do the tedious jobs, it would be beneficial if they were used to install not repair. All repairs of ship and other miscellaneous items (like the Hubble) could be repaired by repair robiots designed for this fuction.time is money and in space it is exponentially equivalent to a billion dollar bill! Think smart tight lean mean. modular. earth repair or robot repair
3. prioritize missions for NASA . what is deemed essential should be handled first by NASA. for example, we still have a very big problem with backdoor asteroids that were missed coming from "behind the sun" (The Earth Behind The Sun...wasnt that an EXCELLENT movie In the 60's ODEON in Rexdale, Toronto, Ontario...same time as Raquel Welch 2000 BC.)...anyway...ASTEROIDS OR ROIDS are A BIG problem and therefore need to be properly monitored via SPECTRO HUBBLE NEW HD TELESCOPE. NEXT PRIORITY would be the space debris. GET AN R2D2 TYPE DRONE TO COLLECT ERRANT DEBRIS...AND
4. USE MORE SPHERE SHIPS. ROUND SEEMS TO BE WHAT EVERYTHING IS IN SPACE.
5. USE THE MOON FROM JUPITER OR SATURN TO CREATE A SPACE STATION TO MOVE AS A SATELLITE. USE VORTEX EPOGEE CRASH TECH (NOTICED WHEN THE TWO SATELITTES RECENTLY CRASHED FOR SPACE FLIGHT. PLUS PLASMA SCI. ALSO, NEED TO DO THIS NEW BOUNCE OF TECHNIQUE FOR ERRANT ASTEROIDS.
6. HIRE JANE AS AN ASTRONAUT.